1357: Pedro of Portugal dug up his dead mistress, made her queen, and forced loyal subjects to kiss her hand.
Billy makes a zine that no one reads, and puts it round London. At night he searches for 7 of 9 sex tapes and tries to understand fourth-wave feminist theory. Life stays like this until he gets an e-mail from ‘D’ in Ljubljana, asking him to come to stay. He thinks she’s a nut until she sends him eight grand in spending money. Off he goes, to Ljubljana, to Metelkova, to the outskirts of the city, to a castle on a snowy hill, to Damijana and her typewriter. One of them is a sociopath, can you guess which?
Plot-wise, it’s similar to the Star Trek DS9 episode where Jake Sisko gets yellow energy sucked out of his head by Meg Foster while writing his masterpiece, but this one’s set in Slovenia and is better.
Cover done by the legendary Soren who can be found/hired on corpsehaus
Note: this is a rewrite of an old book I wrote called ‘Ljubljana Witch’ – that one was around 40,000 words, this one is bordering on 100,000 so if you’re one of the few who read the original and thought it was a bit short, you’re in luck.
You can buy it on bookdepository
Warning: contains strong language and content, so don’t buy if you’re under 16 years old or found Teenwolf dark and troubling.
Again, cover done by Soren at corpsehaus
Issue 1 has:
– fiction about immortality and cinemas by Berit Ellingsen
– Ray Bradbury misquotes
– fiction about a hybrid destined for Mars by Frankie Sachs
– a great cover by Soren Melville
– adaptation of old German zombie story called ‘Meret’ by Thomas Stolperer
– Fake notes on the Freddy films by me pretending to be Robert Englund
– Chapter 7 of Automatic Assassin by Marc Horne
– Thoughts + half-assed analysis of Masque of the Red Death starring Vincent Price, as well as It Follows and the Town that Dreaded Sundown
– bizarro poem called ‘Barely Riker’ by Tyson Bley
– Other stuff
The kindle version’s available on amazon, but if you want the physical zine copy then email firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll see if I can mail one to you [there’s still a few left as of Feb 2021].
At some point there will be an issue 2, not sure when…